Garden Dry Stone Wall
This is an ongoing project in Littleborough. Its a complete rebuild using already available stone most of which is grit stone with a little sprinking of various other stone types.
As far as garden dry stone walls go, this was a real challenge and thus required a sturdy process and pace.
In general, rebuilding a dry stone wall requires the waller to clear the walling line - real simple if you’re happy to get elbow grease fully committed.
So, I did the following to getting me started:
- Remove leylandii screen hedge
- Remove rubble and stone mound while sorting materials into distinct areas (i.e piles of stone, hardcore, metal & plastic)
- Strip old and very damaged wall
- Remove shrubs and tree roots which had been growing through the old wall
- Rescue and relocate a few creatues as seen in gallery.
Perhaps, a key thing to mention about this wall is that in parts a third of it is underground - proper ice-burg, though clearly crafted from lovely reclaimed grit stone.
Don’t put your project on hold. If you would like to know more about our dry stone walling services, then email us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 077 5321 8045.
Alternatively, you can fill out our contact form here here.
Projects covered include:
- Free estimates & quotations
- Traditional dry stone walling
- Retaining Walls
- Cheek ends / wall heads
- Garden walls
- Field Walls
- Gap Repairs
- New walls with new or reclaimed stone
- Boundary walls
- Ornamental walls feature walls
- Dry stone walls with mortared coping stones
- Mortared walls
Areas We Cover
Lancashire boroughs of
- Blackburn with Darwen
- and further afield ...
Services also extended to our nearest neighbours in:
- Hebden Bridge
- Sowerby Bridge
- ...and everywhere within that geographical circle